Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Review: The Last Time I Saw Him

The Last Time I Saw Him The Last Time I Saw Him by Rachel Abbott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Release Date: 15th August 2024

Trigger Warning: Domestic Abuse, Manipulation, Narcissism

WOULD YOU KEEP A SECRET FOR A STRANGER, IF IT MEANT THE BLOOD WAS ON YOUR HANDS?<./b>


This is the fourth book in the Stephanie King series by Rachel Abbott, which starts with Stephanie King having a weekend away with her mother at a boutique hotel in Cornwall, where she can't help people watching, which leads her to notice some interesting behaviour from some of the guests: Celia; Juliette; Russell; Ellis; and Nadia.

Although Celia, Juliette and Nadia are complete strangers, they have one thing in common they have all been wronged by Ellis Cobain.

Nearly a week later one of the guests, philanthropist Ellis Cobain is found dead, which brings Stephanie King back to the hotel and questioning those she had encountered and noticed the previous weekend.

I do love Rachel Abbott's series as I always feel in safe hands and it's like catching up with old friends, the stories are always gritty, with really well thought out characters, who feel very genuine and real, with the dilemma of what is right and wrong and all those grey areas in-between. I feel torn between rooting for those in the wrong and understanding the need for justice, because sometimes people are pushed to extremes.

This book is no exception, I really felt for the characters in the book and their stories of what they have endured at the hands of Ellis Cobain's manipulation.

With plenty of twists and turns, this fast paced thriller is a rollercoaster of emotions, that made me audibly gasp, cry and root for the characters, even if I didn't particularly like all of them.

Rachel Abbott has this amazing ability to write books on some of the most difficult topics, but does so with care and realism and I think that is why all her books stay with me.

Reviews also published on:
Instagram || Threads || Coffee and Kindle Blog || The StoryGraph || Amazon
Happy to make friends on all socials

View all my reviews

Review: What a Way to Go

Popular Posts