Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Review: The Reunion Party

The Reunion Party The Reunion Party by Penny Batchelor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Book Published: 25th June 2024

3.5 Stars Rounded up to 4

This is a fast paced book about a reunion party for a group of 5's uni friend who died 25 years ago.
The story is from multiple perspectives and what unfolds is how their lives have changed since uni and what happened from their perspectives while they were all friends at that time.

The Reunion Party is set in a boutique Yorkshire hotel which has a digital detox policy and one of the friends is the manager and has arranged for her 4 other friends to stay free of charge for the weekend to remember their dear friend, until things start to go awry.

I enjoyed the multiple perspectives in this book, as it really brought the story and characters to life and showed their vulnerabilities and insecurities, which helped me warm to them more. I was correct in my assumptions as to what had happened to an extent and I think I enjoyed the first half of the book the most as the suspense was building and the stories were unfolding and then the book took a different turn, which I wasn't expecting and felt could have been summarised more succinctly, which let the book down for me, as I would have preferred more of the mystery and build up, but that is just a personal preference.

I enjoyed how quickly the story moved and was able to read the book in two days (not bad for me especially as I had to work also).

If this kind of mystery appeals to you I think you'll enjoy it.

Thank you NetGalley and the publishers for this ARC.

Reviews also published on:
Coffee and Kindle Blog
The StoryGraph
Amazon
Instagram

View all my reviews

Review: Like It Never Was

Popular Posts