Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Review: The Absurd Life of Barry White

The Absurd Life of Barry White The Absurd Life of Barry White by Rob Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loveable Barry White, is your typical underdog, he has a job he doesn't particularly like but is good at, he's a good friend and a rubbish rugby player, who still lives at home with his mam at 44 years old, like he's doing her a favour. He just wants to do some good.

This is a hilarious story of Barry and his mates bumbling through their lives and how they're trying to deal with everything life has to thrown at them, from the sublime to the ridiculous, while trying to live up to everyone else's expectations of them and failing at every hurdle.

Some chapters had me laughing so much, it is so well written, but also some very tender moments too, including mild sexual content.

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect from this when I requested it, but I'm so glad I did, it's been an absolute joy to listen to and the narration is spot on, with great characterisation and importantly for me being Welsh a good Welsh accent and pronunciation of Welsh names and places.

I would highly recommend this an audiobook, as it feels more like a stand up audio.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a copy of this ARC.
Reviews also published on:
Instagram || Coffee and Kindle Blog || The StoryGraph || Amazon
Happy to make friends on all socials

View all my reviews

Review: What a Way to Go

Popular Posts