Translate

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Review: Guilty by Definition

Guilty by Definition Guilty by Definition by Susie Dent
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Release: 15th August 2024

Where do I start with this one, I had high hopes for this book, being a Susie Dent fan and was intrigued how she would weave her magic with words into a novel.

I loved it, Susie has created a wonderful world of characters that fits her own world so perfectly, I didn't want to leave and say goodbye to the characters and I actually feel like I learned so much about language from this novel too.

The story centres around the Clarendon English Dictionary receiving cryptic letters to a ten year old puzzle, the disappearance of one of the lexicographers sister Charlie and the clues that Martha (Charlie's sister), Alex, Zoe and Simon must decipher to find out the mystery of what happened to Charlie all those years ago.

Susie Dent obviously knows words, but the way she weaves the history and meaning of them into this magnificent mystery is just wonderful, it's a world I happily immersed myself in and didn't want to leave.

Thank you NetGalley and the publishers for this ARC.

Reviews also published on:
Instagram || Coffee and Kindle Blog || The StoryGraph || Amazon
Happy to make friends on all socials

View all my reviews

Review: What a Way to Go

Popular Posts