Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Review: Death Rites

Death Rites Death Rites by Sarah Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Professor Carla James an archaeologist, who's husband recently died, arrives at Jericho, an elite New England college to start her new job there, when she is asked to go take a look at a crime scene to give her opinion.

After attending the unusual murder scene Carla starts to believe there is more to this murder than they originally thought, especially as she learns more about the other recent unsolved murders in the area. The more Carla digs to uncover the truth, the more danger she is putting herself in.

This is a twisty, tense mystery delving into the fascinating world of Witch Bottles and Daisy Wheels. I really enjoyed the strong female characters in this book, and this angle of looking at a crime scene. I thought the pacing was good and this book kept me hooked until the end.

I had my suspicions of who was behind it, but not why and I enjoyed the twists and turns to get there, with plenty of intrigue.

Reviews also published on:
Instagram || Threads || Coffee and Kindle Blog || The StoryGraph || Amazon
Happy to make friends on all socials


View all my reviews

Review: Savage Ridge

Popular Posts